世界华人美术教育协会(The World Chinese Arts Education Association)，英文简称“WCAEA”，是在香港注册的社会公益性学术交流机构，是全球唯一的华人美术教育民间国际组织。
The World Chinese Arts Education Association (WCAEA) is a non-profit academic organization registered in Hong Kong. It is the only international arts education organization serving Chinese arts educators worldwide.
The predecessor of this association was the "Cross-Strait Art Education Committee" established in 1998, later renamed "The World Chinese Arts Education Association" in 2008, and has hosted seven international arts education symposiums since then. The foundation of the WCAEA is to connect Chinese through arts education around the world.
In the year of 2013, WCAEA and the UNESCO International Society for Education through Arts (InSEA) became strategic alliances. In 2019, WCAEA formed a sister-alliance with Turkey National Visual Art Education Association (GÖRSED).
Short Term Goals:
1. To promote arts education in China and Chinese communities worldwide;
2. To sustain and expand arts education research and practice in China and Chinese communities around the world;
3. To advance the foundations of k-12 arts education and gather expertise in higher education to cultivate and bring quality teacher-preparation programs;
4. To provide opportunities in international exchanges and collaborations to install international perspectives for Chinese and Chinese descent arts educators;
5. To establish diverse educational and cultural exchange mechanism.
Long Term Goals:
1. To affiliate arts education organizations and associations worldwide to strengthen international collaborations.
2. To diversify and expand services to Chinese and Chinese descent arts educators.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR
NOVEMBER 18-20, 2017, NINGBO UNIVERSITY, CHINA
THE 6TH WORLD CHINESE ART EDUCATION SYMPOSIUM
" Reflection and Responsibility: The Present and Future of Visual Art Education"
The conference includes activities such as keynote lectures, panels, graduate student forums, master workshops, children's art exhibition, and open classrooms. All attendees will have opportunities to engage in discussions, gain new perspectives, and reflect on current issues in arts education.
This conference is endorsed by International Society of Education Through Arts (InSEA).
1ST AND 3RD THURSDAY, 9 PM BEIJING TIME
WECHAT LECTURE SERIES
Since July 2016, World Chinese Art Education Association has been providing WeChat Lecture Series for its 1500 Wechat members. The speakers are leading experts, researchers, art teachers, and graduate students. So far, the topic includes teaching and learning in the arts, AR & VR in art education, picture books and Children's learning in art, and art therapy.
MARCH 8, 2017, FOSHAN, CHINA
DESIGN CONNECTS THE WORLD
Hosted by WCAEA, 91ants, and Guangdong Polytechinc, the conference was a sub-conference during the 26th IDEA on Design Conference in Foshan. 13 speakers from Design Education shared and discussed issues related to design education.